Scouting for best talent. That is a challenge every other business has to grapple with. While there is a pool of ‘competent’ candidates for each job posting, very few can successfully handle the job at hand. That adds to the bulk of work recruiters need to handle during the screening process. Finding the best candidates becomes a nightmare. That is why recruiters are turning to Applicant Tracking System in droves.
How necessary is a good Applicant Tracking System?
- An efficient ATS allows you to maintain a database of applicants and their job information. Such information helps recruiters to make good matches between the job openings and the applicants.
- It keeps the recruiters out of trouble and reduces the work load for them by creating tasks lists that they can keep of.
- They place everyone on an equal playing field. The ATS let others track the same candidates you are tracking, and allows them to see the ones you recommend.
Good news is that ATS market has exploded. We now have varieties to choose from. And that means struggling startups and small business do not have to submit to the hullabaloo that comes with paid versions. Freemium version of ATS are a good solution to their budgetary constraints.
What are top freemium ATS software out there?
This is a web-based Applicant Tracking System that is free for use for up to five users. The software allows up to one concurrent job posting and up to 200 applicants. After that, you can enjoy their services at a subscription fee of $60/month. The beauty of the software is that it:
- Allows the user to upload resumes in bulk.
- Allows users to easily customize recruitment workflow.
- Has hosted career site
- Integrates well with Google Apps and other specialize recruitment sites
- Has a sophisticated, real-time notification system.
However, it has its drawbacks too. It allows one current job opening, has limited options for customizing the hosted careers site and no data export.
2. Zoho Recruit
This is a web-based ATS software. Zoho Recruit is free for use for 10 employee profiles and five employee logins. Unlike others, this system is large and well established and their human resource offerings reflects with its sophisticated feel. Its functionality includes:
- Time tracking
- Employee information
- Leave management
However, this free version is feature limited. It doesn’t include attendance tracking capabilities or a timesheet and has a story limitation of up to 250GB.
iKrut is SaaS ATS software. However, as much it is free for use, it is not open source. The software has no paid versions. The software seamlessly integrates with 20 free job boards. Then it builds a microsite for your business that automatically populates a list of your current job openings across those sites. Besides, the system can automatically reject multiple candidates, thus saving the recruiter valuable time. Its seamless integration with other free job boards means more exposure for your job openings without extra effort from your site. However, the system might not a good shot for larger staffing agencies due to lack of functionality with client records.
This ATS system is also a web-based and is free for up to three concurrent job postings. Once the freebies limits are exhausted, the user has to part with a $99 a month subscription fees.
If you want to view resumes, you may purchase credits or share ten resumes to view one.
The system allows the users to enjoy:
- One-click job posting to the free job boards.
- Generating reports
- Access to manager feedback on resumes
- To easily integrate your job page into your existing website
- One million of applicants resume database.
- Easily integrate with Google Apps.
Jobsource is good system for small businesses and startups. The only major disadvantage is the free version limitation to three concurrent jobs.
View Original Article Here
Editor’s Note: Skill Demand was not compensated for this post. The opinions expressed in this guest post do not necessarily reflect Skill Demand , nor do they constitute an endorsement for Skill Demand’s products or services.
About Skill Demand: Skill Demand started under the umbrella of STLogics in 2004 in Indianapolis, Indiana. We have worked with every caliber of business for more than a decade, fulfilling their IT staffing needs. Skill Demand provides Enterprise Staffing Solutions such as: temporary, temporary-to-hire and permanent placement services nationwide.